Mayer Brown’s Real Estate Group comprises an integrated team of specialist lawyers across our main hubs in Europe, the US and Asia.
In London, Mayer Brown has a team of specialist real estate lawyers with experience advising investors, funds, property companies, developers, lenders and corporate end users. We anticipate shifts in the industry and respond to market conditions with an approach that is both sophisticated and pragmatic. From formation of capital-raising vehicles to acquisitions and sales to transactions involving complex financing and joint-venture structures in multiple jurisdictions, our multidisciplinary team handles matters spanning the industry. The team has extensive market knowledge and diverse experience in the following sectors:
- Investment (for example, tax structured acquisitions and disposals, lettings and associated asset management);
- Real estate joint ventures and funds;
- Development schemes;
- Real estate finance;
- Hotel and leisure (including management and franchise agreements);
- Data centres;
- Real estate projects for corporates (for example, head office relocations, redevelopment, letting and portfolio management);
- Planning and environmental sustainability projects; and
- Facilities management, outsourcing and risk management.
Our organisation has been built to support multinational businesses. Our lawyers have extensive experience of managing cross-border real estate transactions and dealing with the associated regulatory, compliance and jurisdictional complexities. Our lawyers are accustomed to working with their colleagues in other offices and with local counsel around the world to ensure clear comprehensive advice for clients with multi jurisdictional issues. We are justly proud of the knowledge and experience that our lawyers have gained and we use that intellectual capital for the benefit of all of our clients so as to deliver a creative, streamlined and high quality service.
Recent Accolades and Quotes
- Ranked “Tier 1” for Commercial Property categories: Investment and Corporate Occupiers – Legal 500 UK 2021.
- “The firm is well managed, employs very talented people and has a positive and forward-thinking culture,” “the team is able to take on challenging projects at short notice and deliver good results.” – Chambers UK 2021: Real Estate (Big-Ticket).
- “They advised us tirelessly and thoughtfully, getting us through a maze of complications with first-rate advice and heavy involvement from the team.” – Chambers UK 2021: Real Estate (Big-Ticket).
- An ‘exceptionally talented team from top to bottom’ – Legal 500 UK 2021: Commercial Property